May is Member Appreciation Month! We want you—our members—to know how much we value your support.
We continue to be inspired by your commitment to the field of research ethics and oversight and hope you’ll enjoy some special benefits throughout the month including:
- Free webinar, Leading Up, Down, and Across Your Organization on May 26, 1:00-2:15 PM ET. Register here!
- Free early access to on-demand webinar, IRB Operations During a Pandemic (eligible for 1.5 CE credits)
- Free early access to on-demand webinar, IACUC Operations: Pandemic & Beyond (eligible for 1.25 CE credits)
- Ask the Expert: Do you have lingering questions about your IACUC’s postapproval monitoring (PAM) systems? Ask an expert! On the IACUC Channel on the PRIM&R Online Community, we will host an “Ask the Expert” discussion on PAM. Post your questions on the pinned “Ask the Expert” thread from May 1-14. Brittany Backus, PhD, IACUC Director and Post Approval Monitor at Texas Tech University, will respond to your posts by May 31. Anonymous posting is allowed for users who do not feel comfortable asking their questions under their name or institution.
- Community Conversation: Single IRBs: Facilitated by Brenda L. Ruotolo, CIP, Associate Vice President for Human Research Protection at Columbia University, this conversation will convene a small group of PRIM&R members to discuss their challenges, solutions, and insights related to research review in the single IRB era. Register here!
- PRIM&R Online Community Prize Drawing: Post or reply on any of the communities (IACUC Channel, SBER Network, or IRB Forum) on the PRIM&R Online Community throughout the month of May—members who have at least 5 posts or replies combined will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 American Express gift card. Anonymous posts will be counted toward your total (your post will remain anonymous; only PRIM&R staff can identify anonymous posters for the purpose of this drawing). “Ask the Expert” taking place on the IACUC Channel May 1-14 is a great way for members involved in animal care and use to get your questions about postapproval monitoring answered, and earn points!
- Book discount: Save 25% plus free shipping when you order Institutional Review Board: Management and Function and/or the Institutional Review Board Member Handbook separately, or save 30% plus free shipping when you order both together! Offer expires May 31, 2021.
- Automatic entry into a drawing to win one of two free registrations to a future live webinar.
And don’t forget to take advantage of ALL your membership benefits offered throughout the year, including:
- Complimentary Enrollment in the Certificate Program: Demonstrate your ongoing professional development by enrolling in the Certificate in the Ethical Foundations of Animal Care and Use or the Certificate in the Foundations of Human Subjects Protections.
- Discounts: Receive valuable discounts on PRIM&R’s educational offerings, certification exams, academic texts and scholarly journals, and career center postings.
- Mentoring Program: Connect with another PRIM&R member to share knowledge, get answers to your questions, and expand your professional network.
- Knowledge Center: Complimentary access to selected webinar recordings, talks, and presentations through the Knowledge Center, many of which are eligible for continuing education credit.
- PRIM&R Online Community: Trade strategies, ideas, and advice with your peers through PRIM&R’s membership communities – IACUC Channel and SBER Network.
- Regional Connections: Apply for funding to organize and host an educational networking event for colleagues in your community.
- Research Ethics Digest Self-Study Program: Read the articles in Research Ethics Digest and successfully complete the online quiz with a score of 80% or higher to earn continuing education (CE) credit hours (1.5 per issue for the human subjects protections quiz and 1 per issue for the animal care and use quiz)
Thank you for being a member of the PRIM&R community and furthering our shared goal of advancing ethical research!
New! Call for resources developed by the PRIM&R member community: Have you or your institution developed or recently updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), worksheets, checklists, flowcharts, or forms? Share these resources with your colleagues across the research oversight community! Submit your resource(s) via this form. Resources will be uploaded to the forthcoming, member-exclusive Resource Library.