The unique issues and challenges faced by those who work in social, behavioral, and educational research (SBER)-focused ethics and oversight are increasing, and PRIM&R's SBER Network is here to help. Led by members Linda (Petree) Mayo and Cecilia Brooke Cholka, this network is open to all PRIM&R members working with SBER.
- Access to the SBER Network community on the PRIM&R Online Community where members can:
- Post questions, announcements, and Network updates on a message board
- Connect with Network members one-on-one through a user directory direct messaging
- Track upcoming and past SBER Network and other SBER related events in a calendar
- Share, store, and utilize various resources and documents in one place
- Periodic Virtual Roundtables led by one or more members of the PRIM&R community, followed by open Q&A sessions
- Access to samples, tools, checklists, and other resources in PRIM&R's Knowledge Center, as they become available
- Space to meet onsite at our annual AER Conference
- Periodic emails on new resources, tips, and updates on the Network
- Ongoing support from professionals with SBER expertise
The SBER Network hosts occasional Virtual Roundtables, one-hour online meetings with 30 minutes of presentation and 30 minutes of discussion among attendees. Have an issue that you encounter working as an SBER IRB professional? Intrigued by a topic related to SBER? We would love to have your suggestions for future roundtable conversations. Please submit your ideas using this online form.
Join the SBER Network:
If you are a PRIM&R member and haven’t already accessed the platform, to get started:
- Log into the PRIM&R Online Community with your PRIM&R account (the same account you use to register for PRIM&R events or renew your PRIM&R membership).
- Agree to the PRIM&R Online Community Terms and Conditions.
- Join the SBER Network and other available communities of interest to you.
- Adjust your notification, privacy, and other settings in your profile. (Please note: the new platform includes a user directory so you can further connect with your peers. You can decide what information you want to be visible to others or opt out of being included in the directory under your privacy settings.)
Get in touch!
You can ask a question, submit a resource to share, or volunteer to help lead a call by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!