This webinar will explore the similarities and differences between IACUC and IBC programs and how the two oversight models can work together effectively. What are the key connection points and where are the potential missed signals when projects require review by both committees?
We'll aim to generate practical ideas for achieving productive partnerships between these two compliance areas at your institution.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Review what IBCs oversee, how they function, and how this compares to the IACUC.
- Outline what needs to happen when a project under IACUC review also involves IBC oversight.
- The big stuff: Similarities and differences between IBCs and IACUCs.
- Emphasis points for IBCs compared to IACUCs
- Regulations and guidelines
- Institutional rules and policies
- The nitty gritty: Working together when you are so different.
- Connection points between the programs
- Timing can be everything
- Mind the gap(s)
- Technical issues
- Cases and examples