Overview and Objectives
This online workshop addresses effective communication on a personal and organizational level, exploring the importance of having a powerful individual narrative about your work as an animal care and use professional, as well as strategies for fostering a positive communication environment in your program.
Recorded live on April 1, 2019, this program offers the dynamic, interactive experience of an in-person event in a flexible online format. The workshop is a series of self-paced units comprising almost two hours of core video content and twenty minutes of bonus footage. Learners can pause at any time, revisit previous sections, and view the workshop in multiple sessions.
Part One: Powerful Personal Communications
- How you feel about your work
- Understanding your audience
- Powerful elevator speeches
Part Two: Powerful Organizational Communications
- Pervasive positivity
- Finding and building a fan base
The workshop concludes with a creative activity to help IACUC professionals express and communicate an impactful personal narrative about their work.
What will I learn?
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Craft a compelling personal narrative pertaining to your work as an animal care and use professional
- Implement strategies for maintaining a positive communication environment in your program
- Identify situations that can compromise a positive communication environment
- Discuss ways to approach difficult communication situations
Participants holding the Certified Professional in IACUC Administration (CPIA®) credential may apply 1.75 continuing education credits towards CPIA recertification. Learn More »
Please email email@example.com if you have additional questions.