The CPIA Council, responsible for managing the CPIA® certification program, is seeking candidates for Council membership positions to begin in March 2024.
Eligible candidates must be CPIAs in good standing and able to commit to a three-year term that includes an option to renew.
The CPIA® Council is accountable to the PRIM&R Board of Directors through its Certification Committee. The Council comprises 7-12 members who are led by a chair and vice chair.
Duties of CPIA® Council members include, but are not limited to:
- Active participation in approximately four business conference calls a year
- Active participation in the exam development process. This includes:
- Active participation in the annual business meeting
- Active participation in annual item reviews, during which Council members edit exam questions
- Active participation in exam reviews, during which Council members provide feedback on draft examinations prepared by PSI, the testing company contracted by PRIM&R
- Active participation in one of the subgroups assigned to review examination and recertification by continuing education applications
- Development of at least ten new exam items (questions) per year
- Commitment to adhere to PRIM&R’s mission, vision, core values, and the CPIA® Code of Ethics
- Willingness to sign an annual conflict of interest disclosure and update it as necessary, disclosing potential conflicts when appropriate, following PRIM&R’s policies.
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement
Council members are not paid for their work, but all travel and personal expenses incurred during their CPIA® Council business are covered by PRIM&R.
In recognition of their service to the organization, PRIM&R extends fee waivers to the PRIM&R Annual Conference and workshop program of choice for all Council members.
The Council aims to include individuals representing diverse institutions, organizations, areas of expertise, subject populations, and geographic areas.
Apply using this form and remember to submit your two letters of recommendation.
Applications are being accepted until January 23, 2024. We can't wait to hear from you!