Open Volunteer Opportunities
PRIM&R Online Community
PRIM&R Seeks Volunteer Community Moderators for IACUC Channel
The PRIM&R Online Community is a community for PRIM&R’s audience to connect and provide support, guidance, and education on the ethical, regulatory, and policy concerns experienced by research administration and oversight personnel. PRIM&R strives to create an atmosphere for open and respectful conversations and exchanges about issues of mutual interest to participants.
To help us reach this goal and implement our Community and Etiquette Guidelines, we’re seeking one to two members to volunteer as community moderators for our IACUC Channel.
Responsibilities of volunteer community moderators include:
- Ensuring the Community and Etiquette Guidelines are being followed by all in the community and reporting anything that does not adhere to the guidelines to PRIM&R.
- Reviewing new posts to ensure they encourage engagement or ask a question.
- Reviewing any posts reported to the moderation queue and approving or rejecting each one.
- Reviewing library additions weekly and maintaining organization (creating folders, filing resources, etc.)
- Communicating with the author(s) of any rejected post to provide feedback on the reason(s) the post(s) were denied from the community.
- Maintaining activity by responding to any posts that have not received a reply within one week or posting a seed question.
If you’re interested in the opportunity to be a volunteer community moderator for the IACUC Channel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2022.
PRIM&R’s Research Ethics Digest
PRIM&R seeks four volunteers to develop and write a featured column in Research Ethics Digest, our bi-monthly electronic member publication that delivers timely and relevant abstracts and full-text articles from a wide array of scholarly journals to PRIM&R members. Each column will present a scenario faced by IRBs and HRPPs, followed by thoughtful, scholarly, and practical analysis and guidance that will provide members with a deep dive into specific situations that are particularly complex or ambiguous.
Responsibilities of volunteer column writers include:
- Serve on a team of two to develop two unique columns that explore a scenario faced by IRBs and HRPPs and provide analysis, advice and potential solutions
- Review and provide feedback on two columns drafted by one other team of two volunteers
This work would take place between December 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
To apply, please email the following documents to email@example.com by February 28, 2022..
- A cover letter that includes brief description of why you are interested in serving as a volunteer column writer for Research Ethics Digest
- A current CV or resume
We look forward to receiving your application!