Omnium-Gatherum: An SBER Variety Show
March 30, 2021 | 1:00-2:15 PM ET
Ominum-Gatherum (noun): a miscellaneous collection
Due to the diverse methodologies, interdisciplinary nature, and broad implications of social, behavioral, and educational research (SBER), IRBs who review SBER are presented with unique challenges. This webinar will address three topics, providing a high-level summary, discussing the challenges that may arise, and sharing tips on how to navigate the review process. The topics will include Terms of Service agreements, randomized controlled trials in the social sciences, and research involving deception.
- Terms of Service agreements
- Randomized controlled trials in the social sciences
- Research involving deception
- Virtual roundtable Q&A
What will I learn?
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Provide a high-level overview of three SBER topics
- Identify challenges and provide considerations regarding terms of service agreements, randomized controlled trials in the social sciences, and research involving deception
- Share IRB review strategies for approaching these topics
Who should attend?
Before attending this session, attendees should have a basic knowledge of the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (45 CFR 46) and bring questions on other SBER challenges.
Registration for this webinar is in our new and improved Knowledge Center which will be officially launching soon. Log in and register using your PRIM&R account.