Overview and Objectives
What are the implications of the revised Common Rule for IRB program operations? What changes need to be made in administrative processes and procedures to promote compliance with the new federal policy? Recorded on January 29, 2018, this on-demand workshop will provide a practical, hands-on journey through the revised regulations, allowing learners to not only review the changes to the Common Rule but to discuss and identify best practices for implementation.
Recorded live, this program offers the dynamic, interactive experience of an in-person event. Consisting of four hours of core content plus 30 minutes of bonus content, this online workshop has been formatted as a series of self-paced units, allowing viewers to experience the live workshop in a convenient and flexible way. Learners can pause the workshop at any time, revisit previous sections, and view the workshop in multiple sessions. A collection of workplace tools, templates, and charts accompanies the workshop.
During this workshop, speakers will:
- Compare the 2018 revised federal policy regulations with the pre-2018 Common Rule
- Identify areas in IRB operations that require change
- Discuss strategies for implementing and interpreting the revised Common Rule regulations
This course is targeted for various audiences, including:
- IRB administrators and staff
- IRB chairs, vice chairs, administrators, and members
- Research administrators
- Research coordinators, scientists, and project managers
- Investigators, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students
- Academic, industry, or clinical research personnel
The content is appropriate for those new to the topic as well as those with knowledge or experience in implementing the Common Rule.
Please email email@example.com if you have additional questions.