The Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award
In 2007 the Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award was established to acknowledge outstanding projects or efforts designed to improve HRPPs or animal care and use programs through better education, tools, procedures and/or practices, or that contribute to empirical research or scholarship in the research ethics field.
The award is given in honor of the Pillars of PRIM&R, a separate designation given to honor highly respected and incredibly devoted members of our board of directors and/orPRIM&R members and volunteers.
PRIM&R has a Call for Poster Abstracts Program for the PRIM&R Annual Conference. Each year, one abstract may be selected from each Poster Abstract Program to be designated as the "Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award Recipient."
Features of the Award include:
- Complimentary conference registration and hotel for the lead poster author to display their poster at the AER or IACUC Conference; up to $750 to cover travel costs; a one-year complimentary PRIM&R membership; and one complimentary group webinar registration.
- Recognition on-site at the AER or IACUC Conferences via a certificate on recipients' poster board, acknowledgement in the on-site conference guide.
- A certificate for each poster author.
- The opportunity for poster authors to present their results in a PRIM&R Member Newsletter article or Ampersand blog post.
All poster abstracts submitted to the conference Poster Abstract Program are automatically considered for the Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award. The winning abstract is selected by the Poster Abstract Review Committee based on the following criteria:
- Is the project relevant to PRIM&R’s mission to advance the ethical conduct of research through education, research, scholarship, or the development of resources and processes that support the work of the oversight community?
- To what extent does the project improve the work of human subjects protections and/or animal care and use personnel, or bring new research findings or scholarship to the field?
The review committees reserve the right to select the most qualified candidate for the Pillars of PRIM&R Outstanding Poster Award based on the listed evaluation criteria.